Like many companies across the world, BizStream quickly transitioned from 1 to 30+ (home) offices almost overnight. We have been lucky to have the ability to work from home to help slow the spread of COVID-19
. It took a bit of time for us to adjust and get our feet under us to find that work/home balance, quite literally as we are now doing both at the same place!
Even as we got our feet under us, there was something still missing, an integral part of what makes BizStream, our people! Our fellow team members are the lifeblood of our organization and help drive that Work Hard, Play Hard culture that makes us who we are. For months now, we have been limited to video chats, phone calls, and the like. Anticipation is starting to grow as we get closer and closer in returning to our home away from home, the BizStream office.
As much as we would like too, we can’t just fling the doors open and get back to work. We have begun to get our “returning to work” plan in place with guidance from the State of Michigan
, and various other local organizations
. As always, our number one concern is the safety and well-being of our fellow team members but also extended out to help keep the surrounding community safe. We want to continue to do our part in flattening the curve as we start to prepare our office to operate in a way that it has not in the past!
What is that plan looking like?
- Social distancing and hand washing will continue to be our first lines of defense for those who venture back to the office sooner than others.
- Supporting our team members’ decision to continue to work from home.
- Communicating and gathering input from the team on what will help make them feel comfortable when returning to the office.
- Increasing the number of professional deep cleans of the office.
- Continuing to take advantage of virtual meetings within our office to limit contact.
- Spreading out desks to help maintain social distancing.
- Dedicating some areas as off-limits like our slide, firepole, and other common areas.
- Daily Symptom Checks to include a protocol in case a team member begins to feel sick or has been diagnosed to include notifying team member that may have been affected and notifying public health authorities
- Training the team on infection control protocols and including plenty of new signs around the office as reminders.
BizStream will continue to do its part in helping flatten the COVID-19 curve, keep our team safe, keep our office safe and keep our community safe, so once again, we will be able to work side by side with what makes BizStream so great, its people!