Kentico Xperience Implementation
Ottawa County approached BizStream to help implement the MiFarmLink website. The primary goal of this project was to connect beginning farmers to experienced farmers and serve as a resource aggregator.
Specific goals included:
- Provide a one-stop shop for young farmers to learn about the program, communicate with partners and mentors, and search for properties available for lease and purchase.
- Provide a space for more experienced farmers to share their knowledge of farming with budding farmers and help with succession planning assistance.
- Support detailed land listings for lease and sale while detailing acreage amount, land use, and more.
- Ensure an easy-to-use content management system that allows website administrators to update basic wording, images, and video easily without contacting web designers and developers.
- Intuitive navigation
- Clean and modern design
- Simple and intuitive searchability
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Easily shareable content to encourage other supporters, philanthropists to support the program via social media and link sharing.
- Messaging/contact us feature
- Flexibility to expand upon/add pages as needed
- Imagery from Michigan-based agriculture
- Our team utilized Kentico Xperience to provide a quick and low-cost solution.
- BizStream implemented filters for easy access to information
- Google Maps was integrated for the Land Listing page
- MailChimp was chosen for automated marketing
- BizStream provided SEO consultation
- Provided training on best practices for optimization
- Kentico Xperience training was given
- Our team utilized video documentation