Kentico Xperience Implementation
month growth in subscriptions
Roland Cloud’s goal is to have an easy-access, ever-growing, catalog of legendary and brand-new software instruments for artists, creators and dreamers across the globe. Roland Cloud wanted a site that would support their new paid subscription service that would allow subscribers access to very high-end digital keyboards and a plethora of other instruments. Ultimately, the client was looking to pull in monthly recurring subscribers as well as revenue from subscriptions. Below are some specific goals of the project:
- Built in the Kentico Xperience MVC platform
- Clean, modern interface to appeal to target market of designers, creators, and artists.
- Spin up custom landing pages for various large partner marketing efforts to drive traffic. Such as, offering free limited-time subscriptions to customers of enterprise brick & mortar shops in the industry and custom pages to be used at kiosks in those shops and at various tradeshows.
- The Roland Cloud Manager desktop app needed to pull its content through the Roland Cloud site.
- WCAG 2.0 AA compliance for website accessibility
- Implement a mobile-friendly, responsive design, that would allow users to easily view specialized features across multiple devices, including smartphone, tablet, desktop, and laptop
- SEO optimization
- Social media integration
- The previous Roland Cloud site was not developed according to industry standards or best practices and was difficult to maintain.
- The BizStream team worked with multiple development teams, across multiple time zones.
- Roland Cloud needed to migrate away from their existing subscription payment processor to another vendor without loss of active subscriber information.
- Roland Cloud wanted the ability to quickly create new sites for different marketing campaigns.
- Roland Cloud needed to be highly scalable across the globe at peak times of traffic for various marketing campaigns and new releases of the Roland Cloud Manager desktop software.
- To address the lack of architecture on the back-end, BizStream guided the Roland Cloud team to implement a microservice-oriented architecture. This allowed for an organized infrastructure to support content updates and to ensure that data was being pulled from the proper places as Roland Cloud was building out their Service Orientated Architecture (SOA).
- BizStream custom developed more than a dozen different page components in the Kentico Xperience MVC development methodology that provided Roland Cloud’s marketing team the ability to easily make updates.
- BizStream developers used a hexagonal architecture to quickly apply various Kentico Xperience MVC customizations and to quickly change back-end service updates in a regular sprint cadence.
- Kentico Xperience MVC allowed BizStream developers the ability to hit moving targets faster and more efficiently.
- The BizStream developers utilized Vue.js to achieve a clean interface, fast loading speeds, and mobile responsiveness.
- BizStream worked seamlessly with multiple Roland Cloud team members to complete the project successfully by communicating on a regular basis via phone meeting and the Slack platform.
- The BizStream development team created custom code to integrate with social media platforms and provide open graph meta tags and ad tracking.
- BizStream was able to assist with implementing a fully custom website design into the CMS.
- BizStream built a site template in the Kentico page tree so users could
- easily create new sites for marketing efforts, such as pop-up kiosks, without the need for developers.
- Utilized MVC APIs to deliver content from Kentico, powering desktop applications across Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- Roland Cloud utilized a Continuous Improvement Engagement service (CIE) after launch. It was a great way to for Roland Cloud to have priority status and after-hour support items. It also allowed for a more agile approach with two-week sprints to continue improving on the project.
Since launching in January 2018, Roland Cloud has seen the following improvements:
- 129% increase in revenue
- 12% month over month growth in subscriptions
Key Criteria for Choosing Kentico
Some of the specific Kentico features incorporated into the Roland Cloud site include:
- ASP.NET MVC Support
- Easy-to-use content management system with intuitive interface
- for content authors and marketers
- Responsive design
- Kentico is used throughout other Roland sites. Kentico was chosen for Roland Cloud to maintain consistency throughout the Roland suite.
- Ability to present a fully custom and responsive design