Kentico Xperience Implementation
BizStream continues to demonstrate a high degree of capabilities and expertise with Kentico. They are true professionals who strive to make the customer experience a high priority.
increase in qualified sales leads
Ferno turned to BizStream for a re-work of the previous MVC implementation within their site. In the first phase of this project, BizStream and Ferno together focused on the following items:
• Modern design
• Improved user experience
• Support of high-resolution images
• Enhanced page details
• Analytic tracking
• Increased click-through rate
• Increased page speed
• Fully responsive
Many of the challenges that arose from this project were due to the way the previous vendor implemented MVC. It was an effort from the BizStream developers to get the site to function properly and use best practices for Kentico MVC. Other challenges included:
- The previous site was developed to load the entire site (over 8 MB of content) upon visiting, making the site extremely slow.
- The architecture needed to be completely reworked, including elements like:
- 404 pages were improperly implemented
- Lack of domain modeling and improper MVC architecture. The previous architecture used in the models and controllers prevented reuse
- Improper Web.Config Settings
In order to give Ferno a properly working site, BizStream did a full assessment of the previous Kentico installation. BizStream reviewed the Kentico application components and configurations along with Kentico infrastructure components and configurations. The production database server, Web (IIS) Server and Kentico CMS installation, and significant number of custom settings were also audited. The final solution included:
- Hosting on Microsoft Azure
- Utilizing Deployment Slots on Azure App Services
- Utilizing Kentico Search
- Kentico 12 MVC framework, making it easy for highly configurable pages
- Integration with HubSpot to connect their sales team with customers seeking a quote for equipment as well as general customer support requests
- Implementing Google Tag Manager for Analytics
- Improved content administration interface
- Custom 404 page to capture bad URL requests
- 301 redirects in an external configuration file for ease of administration
- Adding appropriate page type scoping
- Custom caching strategies for performance
- Updating URL routing for best practices
- Correcting cross-browser style issues
- Comparing the 35-day period after launch (5/21/2019 - 6/26/2019) with the previous period, the new website achieved an increase in qualified sales leads by 62.3%.
- Within that same 35-day period, new visitors are up 74.58%
- 22% decrease in bounce rate from 6/1/19 - 8/31/19 when compared to the same date range from the previous year.
Key Criteria for Choosing Kentico
Ferno chose Kentico based on its rich feature set and ability to be hosted in Microsoft Azure. Overall key criteria included:
- Ease of use for core Content Management for both technical and non-technical users.
- ASP.NET MVC as a development methodology
- Ferno had previous experience in the Kentico platform
- Marketing functionality