Kentico Xperience Implementation
pages of content and PDFs migrated
The overall objective was to support a reimagined design and enhanced site functionality, and transition bdo.com from a custom CMS to Kentico. The new Kentico platform is central to the firm’s marketing and client engagement strategies, and therefore needed to provide an enhanced user experience, responsive design, expanded on-line marketing functionality, integration with existing infrastructure and third party services, such as CRM and LMS, and enhanced SEO for better rankings and improved security requirements where possible. It also needed to meet our needs today and as we grow and evolve in the future, as well as provide a potential platform for adoption by BDO member firms around the world.
- Creating a Single Sign On solution with BDO’s internal network policies.
- Creating the ability to relate and interconnect content on BDO.com ranging from our Professionals, Services and Industries down to our Thought Leadership and Events.
- Building the solution in a way that allowed BDO’s marketing team the control to administrate every possible area of the site.
- Providing an event registration solution for the multitude of events and webinars that BDO hosts.
- Making content easily searchable via facetted search.
- Serving different stakeholder needs in the U.S. and globally and evolving our digital brand.
- 600 pages of new content written
- 1,500+ URLs redirected
- 600+ pages of content and PDFs migrated
- 425 bios posted
- 215 images added
Leveraged Kentico Features
- Custom Web Parts were created to generate various menus throughout the site.
- Custom Form Controls were created to allow for drag and drop ordering of relationship data and integration with video hosting services.
- The Online Form engine was utilized to automatically create event preference forms any time an event or webinar is created on the site.
- UI Personalization was leveraged to allow certain roles the ability to manage specific content applicable to their expertise and department.
- The Advanced Workflow engine was used to allow for a fine level of governance.
- A multitude of custom Scheduled Tasks and Global Event Handlers were used to integrate with third party systems such as Active Directory and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Content Staging was customized to allow for multiple instances to promote content and make it easy to sync multiple objects with one button click.
- Activity Tracking is being used to gain insight into the website visitors behavior on the site.