A Kentico Kontent Case Study
Kolbe Windows & Doors looked to BizStream for a site redesign as their previous site did not meet their expectations. Goals included:
- Enhance search results. Kolbe wanted to refine their gallery's search capabilities so users could toggle a wide range of filters and get quick results.
- Improved Masonry layout. The previous Masonry layout was not effective and didn't meet their visual expectations.
- Increased site speed. Kolbe wanted to make sure the large number of images didn't continue to weigh down their site.
- Future-friendly technology. Kolbe wanted a site built to current standards, allowing for seamless integrations in the future.
- Simplified content management system. Kolbe was looking to directly export out of Adobe Bridge into their CMS, with minimal amounts of extra work.
- Easily sharable content. Kolbe wanted to share individual images and pre-selected search results through social media and links.
- Integration from the existing portal site to the new technology
- Complex navigations, such as the utilization of back/forward buttons
- The Masonry layout needed to line up without gaps for visual imagery while also maintaining their proper watermarks.
- Crafting a suitable module to give mobile users a great experience
- Building a content module from Adobe Bridge to Kentico Kontent
- Our team utilized Kentico Kontent and Kentico Xperience.
- Vue.js was used to complete the goals surrounding images, state tracking, forward/back buttons, and modules.
- BizStream built a custom API with .NET Core and Azure Search for enhanced search and filtering.