Kentico Xperience Implementation
Working with BizStream has been a pleasure. Not only do they know the Kentico platform inside and out, but they also genuinely care about delivering the best solution possible. BizStream fully supported us through the early stages of the project where we appreciated the detailed discovery sessions that BizStream led us through to get the requirements right. As the process continued and as our site was built, we liked their approach to sprint-based delivery and their ability to adapt to some of the last-minute details that came up. That support was also felt most as the final go-live of the site was met, and our stakeholders were happy with the results. At each point, we felt we could count on BizStream, unlike other vendors we have encountered in the past.
increase in session duration
BDO USA LLP reached out to BizStream to implement a new website for the BDO Digital business unit in late 2019. The new site had to maintain the BDO USA branding but also allow for BDO Digital to showcase its unique abilities and services as a brand that could stand on its own if needed.
- BDO Digital wanted the new site to showcase its vast amount of content
- The BDO Digital team wanted to ensure a strong SEO strategy.
- BDO Digital wanted to have its own identity and sub-branding within the BDO.com site.
- Because this project relied on building on top of an existing site, clean code was important to the client. The code needed to be easily modifiable for future expansion.
- Mobile-friendly. BDO Digital wanted a responsive design that would allow users to easily view specialized features across multiple devices, including smartphones, tablets, desktops, and laptops.
- Enhanced search experience for website visitors
- BizStream provided a lot of consulting to ensure strong UX Design
- Solutioning out how to make all content searchable
- Since this project required building a new site on the existing site BizStream needed to scope code to only touch BDO Digital code and use caution when changing existing code, basically, we were creating an entire website within another one.
- Timeline constraints. The project needed to move fast to hit the launch of the new brand.
- Ensuring that existing pages on a previous WordPress based site resolved to the correct pages on the new Kentico Xperience site.
- Integration with Hubspot CRM was also required.
- BizStream needed to develop multiple landing and detail page templates inside of BDO.com for the new BDO Digital site.
- BizStream used a large amount of regression testing to ensure the existing code wasn’t being modified. Utilized Page Aliases for URL redirects
- Collaborative work across multiple teams to get the project done successfully.
- To ensure strong SEO, our team made sure links, articles, blogs, etc. had strong connectivity between the existing URL structure and the newly formed URLs on www.bdo.com/digital
- Roles and Permissions were used to ensure content editors of BDO Digital could not edit BDO content.
- Develop / Custom code the following:
- ShareThis social sharing installation for the required pages.
- Existing pages on the WordPress site resolved to the new pages - ensure that all the old links will still function and redirect to the new site.
- Disqus commenting installation for the Insight Details pages.
- Twitter widget installation for the Insight Details pages.
- Hubspot CRM integration through CTA links and other Widgets
Kentico Xperience Features & Tools used
- Kentico Xperience Smart Search configuration and installation for search results
Integrations with other software/tools
- Google Tag Manager / Google Analytics
- Hubspot CRM
- 40% increase in session duration