- WCAG 2.0 AA compliance for website accessibility
- Multilingual support for both English and Spanish cultures
- A way to host 85+ individual school sites plus the corporate site, with unique content per site all in one website
- Support multiple development teams working in cohesion
- Complexity of multiple custom third-party integrations
- Support state-specific legal requirements for educational institution websites
- Site visitors need to easily find schools closest to their geographical location
- National Heritage Academies needed the site to be hosted in the cloud so on-premise resources, connectivity, and scalability wouldn’t become an issue in the future
- The site needed to load as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Unique culture (language) specific URLs
- National Heritage Academies needed global content intermixed with school-specific content, allowing content like school-specific blog posts to be pushed up to the corporate site and mixed with corporate content
- National Heritage Academies wanted the ability to quickly create new sites for new schools as the organization continues to grow
- Content on the site needed to be managed by admins within the corporate office as well as content admins from the 85+ NHA schools
- BizStream custom developed more than a dozen different page components in the Kentico EMS MVC development method that provided the National Heritage Academies’ marketing teams the ability to easily create more than 1,000 variances of a page. The marketing team can choose from a variety of design components to build pages allowing them to easily mix and match design elements giving the ability to lay out a highly stylized page without additional developer effort
- The BizStream development team created custom code to integrate with software such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM, YouTube, Vimeo, and LiveChat
- NHA utilizes the Siteimprove Accessibility Checker to evaluate the site for accessibility issues in real time
- BizStream measured the site’s performance, stability, scalability, reliability, and speed under various workloads by utilizing Apache JMeter, Visual Studio, and Kentico.Glimpse (a debugging tool for Kentico MVC)
- The new site utilizes Azure cloud technologies including an Azure SQL database, Azure App Services (PaaS), and Azure Application Insights to meet performance and scalability requirements
- BizStream leveraged the existing Kentico Portal Engine tools, modified for MVC, to add Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) for better visibility within search engines and mobile
- BizStream utilized Compare for Kentico to make environment synchronization simple and precise.
For a full list of solutions see the National Heritage Academies Case Study
In the short time that the new site has been live, National Heritage Academies has the following improvements:
• New users on the site has jumped 30%.
• Average time on National Heritage Academies’ sites has increased 10%.
• Time spent to fill out the Student Application Form has fallen by 23%.
• Conversion rate from organic search has increased over 20%.
• The National Heritage Academies’ teams are now able to manage content of the site without the need for technical expertise.
Key Criteria for Choosing Kentico
Some of the specific Kentico features incorporated into the National Heritage Academies site include:
• Easy to use content management system with intuitive interface for content authors.
• ASP.NET MVC Support
• On-line Forms
• Localization and support for multiple languages
• Heavy API usage
• Cloud based Azure hosting
• Cloud based Azure external storage
• Responsive design