Sauder partners with numerous firms for solution delivery. Our experience with BizStream was a true working partnership dedicated to common goals, while actually having fun in the process! Sauder was impressed with the level of technical knowledge BizStream brought to the table.
There was an instant connection and collaborative partnership, so Sauder decided to invest with BizStream. I would place BizStream as one of our top vendors of choice.
Building Sauder's Ecommerce Website
When Sauder called on BizStream to help with its website, the site contained content of Sauder domestic products and import items from its global sourcing division. With BizStream's expertise, it was Sauder's goal to expand website content, refresh site design, and integrate the website with the company’s systems.
- Replace on-premise solution of classic ASP website with SQL database back end to enterprise content management system
- Implement robust repair part ordering system for end consumers with contact system integration to interface with Sauder customer support agents
- Increase brand recognition and social media presence
- Persuade consumers to purchase merchandise from trusted retailers
- Deploy fully functional ecommerce website to feature brands and products, provide completely customizable shopping checkout process, and ensure shopping cart process was PCI compliant
- Provide useful search experience for entire line of products by product number, attribute, brand, and search term relevance
- Integrate all web orders with ERP system for order entry, order status updates, and tracking numbers
- Create multi-branded website that shares a global product repository and single shopping cart system, yet still preserves brand-specific product page templates and themes
- Provide rich feature set of ecommerce abilities such as product collection landing pages, detailed product comparison, faceted product search, product quick looks, related products, and an advanced dealer locator
- Provide Kentico Certified Developer training and Kentico Certified Administrator training
Solution Design and Structure Creation
Knowing the project would need additional developer resources to complete the site within the desired timeframe, Sauder brought BizStream in as part of its implementation team. BizStream augmented the internal IT staff’s capabilities, and filled the need for assistance with overall solution design and Kentico object and structure creation.
BizStream also took charge of developing a customized version of the Kentico shopping cart web parts and modules to support a specific set of business requirements, which stemmed from the need to integrate all of the order and customer data Kentico generates into Sauder’s ERP system, SAP. The solution handles each order as if it was an order on the normal order entry screen within the ERP.
As the order progresses through the manufacturing process, order statuses are saved and updated to go from the ERP back to Kentico. This was achieved through a set of integration SQL server data tables that Sauder Woodworking previously created or minimally modified.