Kimball Hospitality is the leader in hospitality casegoods. Trusted by the most prominent brands in the industry, Kimball brings a best-in-class product and an all-inclusive experience to designers, buyers, and owners. Kimball specializes in casegoods and seating projects, and the recent acquisition of D’Style, a powerhouse in the public space sector, significantly expands its capability as a full facility provider. Kimball provides services that allow them to be a “concierge” to those who partner with them, making the company the “go-to” for hospitality projects. Kimball specializes in design consultation, product engineering, and project management, on-time shipments and installation support.
Kimball Hospitality needed help in developing a re-designed website in the Kentico Kontent platform. Kimball’s primary goals were to:
- Implement a new site utilizing a more robust content management solution that properly showcased what the Kimball Hospitality brand was capable of as a market leader in the space.
- Refresh the design to be more in-line with Kimball International’s global brands, including National Office Furniture while adhering to the Kimball Hospitality unique branding.
- Implement a site that is easier to manage, allowing for content entry to be managed in a single location, however dynamically shared in multiple locations on the site.
- Develop a site that will continue to grow with the needs of Kimball Hospitality, specifically future integration of Kimball data and ERP information with the website.
- Kimball wanted their website to be seen as a leader in the industry doing so through high-quality product galleries, accessories pages, and product showcases.
- Kimball wanted to bring more attention to their seating product line and to highlight their unique ability for furniture customization as well as showcasing designers and design inspiration
- Eliminate the need to worry about server infrastructure (including CMS upgrades, security, patching, upgrades)
- Kimball needed an easier way to manage content. For example, allowing for one change to propagate over the entire site.
- Kimball IT desired a reusable framework that could be used for future projects and additional sites.
- Mobile responsive was an important need as the majority of users visit the site via iPad and mobile devices.
- Kimball wanted to be able to easily share content on social platforms with high-quality images.
- Kimball had a tight timeline for this project
- There was a need to solve the best organizational structure for the site that could handle relationships between different products, and group by collection, brands, materials etc.
- Creating a dynamic routing solution for building a website that shows content
- Kimball wanted to balance page performance with the need for a large number of high-quality images and ensure a positive mobile experience.
- Creating the Find a Representative feature utilizing the newest technologies instead of a standard on-premise database.
- All content needed to be highly searchable, the previous site had no real search experience at all.